Suggest treatment for fecal impaction

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi I've had diarrhoea for 17 days stool sample came back clear but x-ray showed solid poop so doctor said the diarrhoea was overflow seeping past the solid part so I'm now taking laxatives and have had 2 enemas but I've had no results the diarrhoea has actually slowed down what should I do?
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
fecal impaction.

Detailed Answer:
You are having fecal impaction.

You can ask you gastroenterologist to prescribe you Polyethelene Glycol.Polyethylene glycol-electrolyte solution is used to empty the colon. PEG-ES is in a class of medications called osmotic laxatives. It works by causing watery diarrhea so that -the stool can be emptied from the colon. The medication also contains electrolytes to prevent dehydration and other serious side effects that may be caused by fluid loss as the colon is emptied.Polyethylene glycol-electrolyte solution (PEG-ES) comes as a powder to mix with water and take by mouth.You have to drink one 8 ounce of PEG-ES every 10 or 15 minutes, and to continue drinking until your liquid bowel movements are clear.It will clear your bowel
In case if it also does not help go for Digital evacuation.It involves the use of fingers to aid in the removal of stool from the rectum.Stool is emptied by gently inserting a finger into the rectum and removing it.
Thanks!