Suggest treatment for fatty liver disease

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: I have been diagnosed with grade 2 fatty liver. Have started morning exercises and running. Any medicinal advice ?
Answered by Dr. Kampana 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Blood test needed.

Detailed Answer:

Grade 2 fatty liver is a common finding above 30 years, it is age related and not diet related. But in case you are overweight or obese exercises and low fat food may help. Do you have any associated symptoms ? I would suggest you to get a liver function test done, its a blood test. If it is normal there is nothing to worry about.

I hope this answered your query. Please feel free to ask queries if any.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana