• question-icon

Suggest treatment for fatty liver and dull abdominal pain

Posted on Fri, 14 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hello Sir,
Yesterday I had spinach juice 2 glasses and my stool after 3 hours of consuming juice was like dark color with somewhat spinach odor.

Yesterday night I ate cabbage and today morning I had stool with normal dark yellow color however background smell was of some what cabbage. I didn't had such smell earlier sir. I have bee in diagnosed with fatty liver recently and I have somewhat very dull abdominal pain. Kindly advice me about the vegetable smell in stool.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take spinach juice or cabbage in moderation.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me assure you that it is normal and not something to worry about. Whatever you eat gets processed and the remnants get expelled as stool. Needless to say, your stool can have a colour or smell of what you eat, especially if they are green leafy vegetables or their juice. It is normal and not a cause for concern.

However, I would insist you to take vegetable matters in moderation. They contain undigestable fibers which form the bulk of the stool. If taken in large quantities they may interfere with digestion and you might get abdominal pain. Make sure to take plenty of water to drink. As of now, taking decolic tablet when required should provide relief.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha