Suggest treatment for fatigue, excessive hunger, shortness of breath and abdominal discomfort

Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar

Pulmonologist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: Here is my fathers history. He is of 79 years
In 2006 he had an bypass surgery. Afterwards he had continuous cough for more than an year and slowly started right hand shaking. In 2012 he had pneumonia and got admitted to hospital. At that time it is diagnosed he has COPD. Now he is diagnosed as having the following
Heart problem (by pass surgery)
Lung problem (COPD)
Parkinson tremors (having only hands shaking not affected to any other part)

So we have visited Cardiologist, pulmonologist and they feedback is all the things are working fine.
Now my father is complaining the below issues and not able to do his normal daily routine also
Fatigue (not able turn when he is sleeping)
Severe hungry
Sometimes shortness of breath
Stomach not comfort having food (before having food he will complain of severe hungry)

He is having the below medication
Clopitorava 70/10
Repace 50
Amendral
Pulmoclear
Formost roto inhaler
Sometimes levolin repulse and mucinac (When he feels shortness of breath

Can you please tell me what is the exact reason for the above mentioned issues. Which is affecting his daily routine even the doctors will tell there is no issue.
Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Worsening of parkinsonism, electrolyte disturbances etc are the possibiliti

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.
In my opinion, you should get done serum electrolytes because hyponatremia and hypokalemia can cause fatigue.
Another possibility is worsening of parkinsonism.
With increasing age, Parkinson disease can be worsen an cause easy fatiguability.
Rota caps are very difficult તો take in the old age because It needs good inapiratory efforts. Inhaler with spacer is good alternative in old age. It gives good drug delivery in the lungs with the ease. So better symptomatic control can be achieved.
So consult neurologist and discuss about possibility of worsening of parkinsonism.
Get done electrolyte levels.
Change inhaler with spacer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj