Suggest treatment for fatigue, brain fog, and sinusitis

Posted on Thu, 11 Jun 2015 in General Health
Question: Hello,

All thyroid tests came back normal as did the other tests that you suggested. I am still battling fatigue/brain fog/ and what now seems like bronchitis/sinusitus. I had a Lyme's disease test done and it showed up negative. I have attached the test. Could it be possible that I do have Lyme's and this is a false negative? I have heard that some people get better by running a course of antibiotics in case it is bacterial infection by nature. What do you think?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Antibiotics for respiratory infection

Detailed Answer:
Good day,

Thank you for writing back to me. Good to hear that your thyroid blood works came back normal.

The Lyme disease test is likely to be an immunoglobulin based test ( immunological test). Rarely it can come back as negative. But if you have no rashes or typical symptoms of Lyme disease, then not to worry.

What symptoms do you have which suggests bronchitis/sinusitis ?? If you do have these and if it it caused by bacteria, a trial of antibiotic is worth it. Having said this, i must also say that 90% of the time, these infections are caused by virus and antibiotics will not have any effect. Only symptomatic management, rest and paracetamol may suffice. If the symptoms of bronchitis are worsening and not improving after 24 to 48 hours of onset, then we may need to start antibiotics.

Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist