Suggest treatment for fat deposits in scrotum

Question
Good day, I have fatty deposits in my scrotum, how can I get rid of it?
Posted Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cause is unlikely to be fat

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Sir

Scrotum is devoid of fat normally. The cause of your symptoms is due to other cause. It would be very helpful if you could get back to me with clinical photograph for further assessment.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak
MBBS, MD

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fat deposits in scrotum 42 hours later
Dear Dr.
I am unable to obtain the pictures you require, plus I've an aversion to putting that type of picture on the internet. To describe better, my scrotum has been getting larger and larger to the point today that it engulfs my penis so as to make my penis appear it was never circumcised. This causes problems urinating among other things. I've not been sexually active for more than a year. I can pull the head of my penis out from the scrotum, but it does not hang as a normal penis and scrotum should.
Thank you, I await your response

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be Lymph edema

Detailed Answer:
Hi
From the description given it appears to be lymph edema of scrotum. Massive enlargement of scrotum by lymph edema may cause penis to appear buried.
Exact diagnosis is only possible after clinical assessment.

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for fat deposits in scrotum 6 hours later
Dear Dr.
Thank you for your prompt response. I've heard of lymph edema in the legs or arms, usually occurring after surgery. I've not had any surgery since 2004. What are the possible causes of scrotum lymph edema? How is it treated?

Thanks again

Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most common cause is infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Usually scrotal lymph edema is infective in origin and caused by Filariasis. I am not sure of its prevalence in Rhode Island .

I would suggest you to consult your Physician for further assessment and confirmation

Do please keep me updated

Best regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak