Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for facial palsy

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Nov 2013
Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Neurologist
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5576 Questions
Question
Hi, I am suffering from Facial Palsy in left half for the last 6 weeks. It has improved a bit from before, but still not cured. What should I do?
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Brain and Spine
 
 
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You would gradually improve.

Detailed Answer:
Hi,

Thank you for getting back.

You are on correct treatment for facial palsy. Only thing is that you should have taken acyclovir tablets also, as the facial palsy is believed to be due to a viral infection called as herpes simplex. Acyclovir is an anti-viral drug.

As of now, you should continue nervijen plus and physiotherapy. Physiotherapy should include facial exercises and galvanic current stimulation.

About 75% people recover within one month, however, remaining 25% people may take 3 months time to recover.

I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My BLOG: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.in

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
 
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor