Suggest treatment for facial hyperpigmentation

Dr. Suresh Heijebu

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: my age is 45 yrs and I am diabetic. I am black in colour. my skin turns more black both sides the cheeks. leaving the centre part of the face.
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please upload images.

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I understand your concern.

I can guide you better if you can please upload the images of the facial discoloration.

Also, I would like you are currently experiencing any symptoms due to this?

Thank you.

Follow up: Dr. Suresh Heijebu 6 hours later
I am uploading my photo
Answered by Dr. Suresh Heijebu 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Possible Melasma?

Detailed Answer:
Hello, Sir.

I can understand your concern.

I apologise for the delayed response.

I have gone through your uploaded images.

You possibly seem to have lateral cheek type of Melasma(facial hyperpigmentation).

This can precipitate in few people after exposure to sunlight.

I generally recommend my patients with topical hydroquinone cream and Sunscreen with SPF 50+. for 2-4 months.Please check with your physician if he can prescribe the same to you.

I also recommend a complete thyroid profile test, since few cases are associated with underlying thyroid disorder.

Post your further queries if any.
Thank you.