Suggest treatment for eye swelling caused after an injury
The swelling of lid will decrease over 4-6 weeks.
Welcome to health care magic
I am Dr. Dadapeer K, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye.
It seems from the history that you are having swelling of the upper eyelid of left rye following injury with a tennis ball which is making the eye appearing smaller compared yo the normal eye.
This is because of collection of blood in the layers of skin of eyeluds as a result of impact of injury. This will resolve slowly as the blood gets absorbed and this may take up to 4-6 weeks.
If you are not having any vision related problems like decrease in vision, blurring of vision, double vision... then no need to worry.
If you are having local tenderness over the eyelid X ray or other radiological tests have to be done to rule out fracture of the underlying bones. If tenderness is absent then no need yo be worried.
The treatment is by use of antiinflammatory drugs and applying cold compression.
This will take time as told rightly by your doctor hence no need to worry.
Hope the information is helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for bump on leg caused after an injury
- Sugges treatment for leg swelling after an injury
- Eye injuries treatment
- Suggest treatment for finger swelling due to an injury
- Suggest treatment for swelling on little finger after an injury
- Treatment for pain bruising swelling after knee injury
- Suggest treatment for hand swelling caused by an injury
- Suggest treatment for pain around eye after an injury
- Suggest treatment for paiful bruise caused after leg injury
- Treatment and cure for Eye injury