Suggest treatment for eye pain

Dr. Dadapeer K

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Wed, 16 Apr 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: Doctor.. my 2 year old son got sticky eye in the morning an was complaining for pain in left eye .. i had an eye flew 10 days back pls advise the medication
Answered by Dr. Dadapeer K 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: He requires antibiotic eye drops. Detailed Answer: Hello Welcome to Health care magic Iam Dr. Dadapeer, an ophthalmologist and I answer health problems related to eye. It seems from the history that your 2 year old son is having sticky discharge in the eye with pain. Since you had a eye infection 10 days which can be because of common eye infection called as conjunctivitis. Conjunctivitis spreads by close contact and it presents as redness, discharge and pain in the eye. Hence most likely your son is having conjunctivitis of infective etiology. The treatment of the condition is by using antibiotic eye drops. I commonly prefer to treat conjunctivitis in children by using antibiotics like moxifloxacin eye drops. The eye drops can be used 6- 8 times with one drop applied at each time. The eye drops needs to be tapered over 5-7 days depending on the response to the antibiotic. If he is having symptoms like cold, running nose, fever, sore throat which can be associated commonly and can be from same source, it requires treatment by using oral antibiotic tablets after consultation with pediatric doctor. Hope I have answered your question and the information is helpful to you. Thank you