Suggest treatment for eye infection

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Tue, 7 Jun 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: My mother has this eye infection for a week already and she used eyemo for relief. No pain or so on. How to cure this doctor?
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need further evaluation by eye specialist

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through the medical history of your mother and the photo you sent in.

From what I have noted so far, conjunctiva is severely inflamed. There can be various causes:
- ongoing eye infection that is not correctly treated (apart eyemo , antibiotics eye drops are required)
- increased eye pressure (glaucoma) especially if your mother is also hypertensive

I highly recommend to send her to eye doctor (ophthalmologist) to run a good eye examination and measuring intraocular pressure and evaluating retina for bleeding in order to determine proper diagnosis.

For the moment, advise her to keep good hygiene of her eyes, rinse with pure water and chamomile tea until see eye specialist.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana