Suggest treatment for eye dryness while on Cilacar

Dr. Abhijit Sonawane

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hi doctor I take cilacar 10 for two years and my bp is normal from few day I feel eye dryness .Before taking cilacar whatever medicine I took that created eye dryness . cilacar is good but now after 2 years it is creating problem now what to do I should replace it?
Answered by Dr. Abhijit Sonawane 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It won't cause eye dryness. Get it checked from ophthalmologist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting in HCM.
Cilacar contains cilnidipine is a safe antihypertensive medication.
But eye dryness is not a known complication of this medicine.
I guess this is some other non related reason behind the dryness of eyes other than cilacar.
You can use artificial tear drops to put in eyes and it will be better if you consult an ophthalmologist to find the exact reason for dryness.
I hope I have answered your question well.
If you have any questions kindly ask me back.
Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng