Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

175 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for eye contusion caused by an accident

Answered by
Dr. Saumya Mittal


Practicing since :2004

Answered : 2877 Questions

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I fell about 5 weeks ago ct showed no bleeds or fracture I healed fine but over my left eye in my brow there
is still a knot it does not bother me except sometimes it will itch or sorta sting by the way I fell face down
and the er doc said I had an eye contusion should I go to someone else and what kind of doc would you suggest by the way I am 66 yrs old

Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Meet a ophthalmology consultant

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your message.
I think I can help you.
The CT scan shows the status of the brain.
It doesn't say anything about this knot.
Since its an eye contusions better to meet a ophthalmology consultant.
There is basically collection of blood.
This will resolve slowly as the body reabsorbs the blood.

I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information contained in this message will be able to help you find the best solution for your problem. Best of luck. Dr Mittal
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

Recent questions on  Ct scan

doctor1 MD

I am experiencing a partial vision loss - probably a TIA - what will happen when I go to the emergency room?? YYYY@YYYY

doctor1 MD

My father undergone Electrical cardioversion treatment due to having severe Atrial Fibrilation (AF). Needless to say the treatment did not work after 4 attempts and they have prescribed him various medications to control the rate of the heart. We...

doctor1 MD

I got real dizzy and kinda lost tempory balance and experienced double vision but only for 30 seconds, twice yesterday. I am in good health at 78 years old and very active. eat healthy, Take a staten and low dose blood pressure and lots of vits daily

doctor1 MD

Sir, My right side floating rib hits somewhere and I am having pain while moving side to side when I sleep. Feels like the rib is hitting some organs or the muscles where may be some inflammation. I have taken X-ray , gone through CT-Scan and Lever test and as per the direction of a hospital but they could not find out anything wrong. I am 53 year old.