question-icon

Suggest treatment for extremely dry lips with slight swelling

Posted on Thu, 8 Apr 2021
Question: hello doctor
since yesterday night my left side of the lower lips feels very weird .... like when we feel when after we get numbed. since after the cleaning which happened 10 days ago i am freaking out and today its like this its all the more freaking me out. the inner corner of the lower lips feels extremly dry .... i had to reapply the balm within 3 hours back. also i feel that the skin just below the left side lower lip slightly swollen. why it is like that .... i am freaking out please help me
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney (3 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Not associated with herpes

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I have seen the attached photographs and didn’t appreciate any swelling and dryness.
Your dryness and numbness is all related to your sensitive skin.
Don’t take stress as it is not associated with herpes.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist