Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for extreme shortness of breath

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1966
Answered : 4506 Questions
Having extreme shortness of breath,, had three bypass seven years ago,, had shortness of breath then and still have it now, my only problem is having the shortness, no blockage shown as of seven months ago,, should I maybe see a lung doctor ? Blood pressure good and is a active person. Its always been the same problem,, Shortness of breath.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: You are right / See lung doctor Detailed Answer: Dear friend, Welcome to Health Care Magic First thing – in this situation – will be to exclude (left) heart failure Examination, X-ray chest, ECHO and/or Lab (BNP) will show. Absence of block only shows the patency of the blood vessel and adequacy of blood supply.. Already being under the care of a Cardiologist – means heart failure is unlikely / and he would have excluded it, anyway. You are absolutely right / You should see a Pulmonologist (lung doctor) Examination / CT chest / Spirometry (Lung function test) will clinch the diagnosis Good luck Take care Wishing all well God bless
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor