Suggest treatment for extreme pain under ball of left foot
Can be due to inflammation or gout.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain under the ball of the foot with no detectable fracture or corn can be due to inflammation of the joint or neuropathy.
The pain killers can help in reducing any inflammation. Do get your serum uric acid levels evaluated to rule out gouty arthritis. Doing a hot compress in the area will also help.
Get TOE PADS, wear them, and wear soft sole shoes.
This would off-load your great toe ball of the pressure generated from body weight and will reduce inflammation, swelling and pain.
The PADS/ CUSHIONS of soft rubber orthosis and multiple designs and softness grades are available. Typical good quality stuff would give a feel of jelly like softness and flexibility.
If it is a nerve related pain then methylcobalamin supplements and medicines like gabapentin can help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain in left achilles
- Treatment for pain under left scapula
- Suggest treatment for pain below my left breast
- Suggest treatment for rib pain under the left arm
- Suggest treatment for severe pain under the breast
- What treatment is suggested for foot pain
- Suggest treatment for pain under the leg and knees
- Suggest treatment for painful swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for extremely painful large bumps of feet
- Suggest treatment for pain in left arm