Suggest treatment for extreme pain in stomach, heavy menstruation and nausea
Possible spasmodic dysmenorrhea
I understand you concern.
You probably seem to have spasmodic dysmenorrhea.
This is usually a curable condition.
I advise you to have an ultrasound of the abdomen.
Treatment consists of taking tab Diclofenac 100 mg po once followed by 50 mg 8th hourly if required.
The mainstay of treatment is 3 months of OC pill usage.
These drugs prove quite effective and should only be taken under strict medical prescription.
In addition to the above,I advise you the following.
1.Lying on your back, supporting your knees with a pillow.
2.Holding a heating pad or hot water bottle on your abdomen or lower back
taking a warm bath.
3.Gently massaging your abdomen.
4.Doing mild exercises like stretching, walking, or biking – exercise may improve blood flow and reduce pelvic pain.
5.Getting plenty of rest and avoiding stressful situations as your period approaches.
Post your further queries if any.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for stomach pains
- What treatment is suggested for heavy and prolonged menstruation
- Abdominal pain gas formation nausea stomach pain shivering treatment options
- Suggest treatment for stomach pain and bloating
- Nausea vomiting stomach pain headache after having dinner outside treatment
- Suggest treatment for irregualr menstruation
- Viral infection of stomach lining feels pain nausea treatment
- Stomach pain abdominal pains nausea on eating recurring condition treatment
- Treatment and cure for menstruation cause nausea
- Suggest treatment for stomach problems nausea and bleeding