Suggest treatment for extreme pain at penis head after bowel movement
constipation or urinary tract infection is likely responsible
Thanks for writing to us. I can understand your concern for your son.
There are two possibilities which can cause such problem.
The nerves that supply the penis with sensation (the pudendal nerves) run through the pelvis. It may be that due to the constipation the nerves are being pressed on during a bowel movement giving the sensation of pain in the penis.
The other possibility is that your son has a urinary tract infection. Constipation can increase the risk of getting a urine infection.
If this pain continues it would be a good idea to have your son evaluated to be sure there is not a urine infection.Go for Urine routine micro investigation.
Simultaneously treating the constipation would be the other step to resolve the pain.For that ask his doctor to write suitable laxative. At home he can have a glass of warm drinking water as soon as he wakes up from the bed and walk for 10-15 minutes. This helps to clear the bowels easily.Give him high fiber diet which includes vegetables and fruits.
Return back to me after above mentioned approaches about his situation.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
no possibility of UTI
thanks for follow up.
Yes you are right.Considering symptoms no possibility of UTI. UTI causes pain every time almost while urinating. I have mentioned to go for urine test for assurance.
If pain is severe and associated with bowel movements we need to search mechanical irritation cause as I mentioned.Ultrasound will help in that.
Hope this answer is helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in hippelvic areasevere bowel movement painany treatment
- Suggest treatment for pain due to injured penis
- Painful bowel movement greenish stool treatment
- What is treatment for pain after small bowel removal
- Suggest treatment for incontinence in bowel movements
- Having bowel movements after eating and painful suggest the treatment
- Suggest treatment for penis pain during sex
- Suggest treatment for irregular bowel movement
- Suggest treatment for painful bowel movement
- Suggest treatment for excessive bowel movements
- Can Chlorpromazine and Sodium Valproate Sandoz be taken in pregnancy?
- Suggest treatment for OCD
- Suggest treatment for delayed ejaculation
- How to wean off of Trazadone?
- What causes anxiety and visual problems after taking psychedelic mushrooms?
- Suggest treatment for anxiety
- What causes drowsiness during day time?
- Can Solian and Lexapro be taken together?
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction caused by over masturbation
- Suggest an alternative treatment for premature ejaculation