Suggest treatment for extreme diarrhea, abdominal pain and nausea

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Abdorminal pain that makes me feel like I have extreme diaherra. So I use the bathroom, become flush, from the hairline on my head to my feet, break out in a sweat and then the nausea begins. So much that I vomit. All pure stomach bile. I am left week, hot, gray in color, blotted in my stomach. Lasts about an hour, has happened three different eposides since my gallbladder was removed. Same time of day 11-1pm. I am always perfectly fine and it comes on with no warning. The rest of the day I am weak, won't be able to eat, drink to soothe my raw throat and urinating hurts very bad. Terrible pressure.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would like to have some more information.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
1.When was your gall bladder surgery done?
2.Was there any complication during or after surgery?
3.Any procedure done on Common bile duct?
As per your description, it looks like infection of the gut. It is not related to gallbladder surgery.
The symptoms seem to be due to contaminated food or water.
I prescribe Antibiotic like Levofloxacin 250mg tablet twice daily , XXXXXXX and Probiotic capsule twice daily for 5 days.For Nausea and vomiting, I prescribe Capsule Rabeprazole along with Domperidone.
Results will be good.
Because of dehydration, there will be pain during urination.
It's better to get a Contrast enhanced CT scan abdomen.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health and speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 25 minutes later
Surgery was March 30, 2016. Issue didn't start until after surgery. No complications during surgery. A contrast XXXXXXX CT was done in April after I had the first attack. It was May when I had the second one. This was the third. I am on a protein challenge. Protein, fiber and carbs watched. Been on it for 6 weeks no weight loss but lost 9 muscle points. It's painful to eat. Almost upset stomach. So I would rather not eat. I was accepted into a Digestive Center as a new patient but not until Nov 1 is my first consultation. Concerns are the continued issue and muscle loss.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to the food that you are taking.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
1.What is the indication for protein challenge?
The symptoms that you have mentioned may be due to the food that you are taking.
You should consult a Gastroenterologist if possible.
Please take frequent small feeds.
Add fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
I don't think any relationship between the symptoms and surgery.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj