Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

194 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for external lump between anus and scrotum

Answered by
Dr. P. T. Patil


Practicing since :1971

Answered : 9812 Questions

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Hey I have a random external lump between my anus and scrotum.
It was there around 6 months ago but appeared to go away.
Now recently it has come back. It does not cause any pain or itching, when squeezed it does not cause any real pain or leek liquid. It is red now but its possibly red its from me squeezing it.
Photo attached.

Can you help in any way?!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is boil in induration stage.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have a boil due to Staphylococcal infection of hair follicle in a stage of induration..

You need to take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily.for a week..

Ensure to wash your genitals and perineal region with soap water twice daily.

It will get cured within a wek.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,
I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Staphylococcal infection

doctor1 MD

Thank you. I have been struggling for 14 yrs. with different infections. My uterous ruptured with the birth of my sec son. I developed a staff infection at the hospital. I have had many flair-ups. I have seen so many doctors in the past who always just treated me for whatever was going on that seemed like a quick fix. The worst part is that I was getting MANY UTI's. So...I found a way on my own to help my immune system. I have done my own research. My infections went away for about 5 yrs while I was using a very potent antioxidant formula. Now my problem is coming back with UTIs. The bacteria they discovered was entero bacter aerogenens. I think my doctor wants to send me to a Urologist, but I think that may be a waste of time because if it is systemic, that probably won't help. This problem has really affected my life more than anyone can know. I currently have a UTI, but they switched my antibiotic to Levaquin because that is the only one to kill that bacteria. It will keep coming back unless I receive proper treatment. What do you suggest I do from here? Allison

doctor1 MD

I treated for HCV in 2005 and achieved undetectable. However, the last several months I've been experiencing daily low-grade fevers, sweating (I'm past menopause) and the last couple of weeks, headaches. I've been in nursing homes and hospitals caring for my mother and have picked up what my doctor diagnosed as staff infection exhibited by sores on my right arm. I've also been feeling lightheaded. My doctor found nodes on my thyroid. Sound like a mess, right? What could be the problem, please.

doctor1 MD

Hello, my name is XXXXXXX and I have a very painful lump in my left groin area. It is skin color, hard to touch, and larger than a marble. This started early on 9/17 and has remained constant since. I also have a headache and a sore throat . Thank...

doctor1 MD

1.How long at a stretch in maximum can an adult man be advised to consume the capsule of DYNAPRES-0.4? 2.How long at a stretch in maximum can an adult man be advised to consume the tablet of DVENLOR-50? 3.Is the capsule of DYNAPRES-0.4 never meant...

doctor1 MD

I woke up this morning and noticed a hard lump on the circumcision line of my penile shaft. It is somewhat sore to the touch. I had sex yesterday with my girlfriend twice and masterbated once this morning, prior to discovering the bump. Could it...

doctor1 MD

my name is joey. in 2006 i lost my leg after a injury,it had got a staff infection. i have had to go in the hospital several times since my amputation. i just got out of the hospital 2 days ago because the infection returned and had made a couple of soars on my stump. im now out of the hospital and i think the infection is gone but not really sure. my leg looks better but is still very painfull. what do you recomend as far as what i can put on my leg to make it feel better? also i have been told that once you have ever had a staff infection it never completely leaves a persons body is this true? my age is 49 i am 6 feet tall, i weigh 262 i have high cholestrol,diabetic,heart rate problem,blood pressure problem,bad nerves,i take effexior 150xr,and a couple other nerve medications,copd,and i still smoke. do you recomend some type of ointment to put on my leg to help the healing process?

doctor1 MD

i have been diagnosed with H.S. and it cause me to have a staff infection about a year ago my doctors in dayton told me that my immune system has been weakend and my nerver get back to what it used to be. since then i have been getting sick all the time even now i have a cold, however this cold feels more like a flu how do i treat a cold with a weak immune system?