Suggest treatment for excessive weight gain and uncontrolled high blood pressure
I would recommend as follows:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I passed carefully through your question and would explain that it is necessary investigate further in order to find the possible cause of your troubles.
Have they checked your adrenal gland function?
The fact that you have gained a lot of weight is another reason of uncontrolled high blood pressure.
But from the other hand, weight gain can be a symptom of adrenal gland dysfunction.
For this reason I would recommend performing some other tests:
- cortisol plasma levels
- aldosterone plasma levels
- ACTH plasma levels
- urinary metanephrines for pheochromocytoma
- PCR and ESR for chronic inflammation
- HbA1C for diabetes
- kidney and liver function tests (if you have not already performed them).
Considering the swelling in your hands, it is also necessary performing a cardiac ultrasound to examine your heart and exclude heart failure.
You should discuss with your doctor on the above issues.
Meanwhile, i would recommend you to consult with a dietitian in order to help you lose some pounds. A maximal reduce of salt and caffeine in your diet would also help lower your blood pressure values.
Hope you will find this answer helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment for high blood pressure
- Suggest treatment for high blood pressure
- What is the treatment for high blood pressure
- High blood pressure natural treatments
- Paroxetine treatment for high blood pressure
- Constant high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure emergency treatment
- High blood pressure symptoms treatment
- Postpartum high blood pressure treatment
- High blood pressure hypertension treatment