Suggest treatment for excessive sweating in scalp and face

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Sat, 17 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: As soon as the humidity rises I start sweating especially my scalp and my face turns bright red. I am a 73 year old female with relapsing temitting MS since 1978. This happens even without activity.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hormone replacement therapy required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I would like to mention that what you describe is called flushing and occurs in case of hormone deprivation, typically in aged menopausal women. Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) should provide relief. You need to get in touch with your gynecologist for the same.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
I am also a 10 year breast cancer survivor whose cancer was hr+ so I can't take HRT without the possibility of recurrence of the cancer. My oncologist even warns to avoid certain foods that can contain estrogen.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
The risk reward ratio needs to be evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Now that is a tough situation. You would need to discuss with your doctor about what is the right thing to be done.