• question-icon

Suggest treatment for excessive sweating and headache while suffering from sinus infection

Posted on Tue, 4 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I HAVE HAD A BAD SINUS INFECTION FOR ABOUT 3 WEEKS. i AM ON AMOXICILLIN AND PREDNISONE. i HAVE NIGHTS SWEATS SO BAD i WAKE UP SOAKED, FINALLY GET BACK TO SLEEP AND THEN WAKE UP SOAKED AGAIN. i STILL HAVE BAD HEADACHE AND NOW FEEL NERVOUS FROM THE PREDNISONE WHICH i HAVE BEEN ON 6 DAYS. ARE THE NIGHTS SWEATS MY BODY FIGHTING THE INFECTION OR IS SOMETHING WRONG?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
What is your temperature?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this sinus infection that you have. I will like to know how much prednisolone you are on. Being on it for just 6days is no major concern. We may only get concerned about this if the dose is very high. Also, report what your temperature is to me?

If your temperature is normal, then these sweats are nothing to worry about. It might be more reflective of healing and environmental temperatures. Endeavor to drink much water so as to compensate for the excess fluid losses.

I hope to hear from you....... I wish you well.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Chobufo Ditah