Suggest treatment for excessive sneezing while having cold
No anti cold medications at this age
Hi...Thank you for consulting in Health Care magic.
Cough and cold are viral 95% of the times in children. For cold you cannot use use anti-allergics like cetirizine in this age group and for nose block, saline nasal decongestants will do.
Paracetamol can be given in the dose of 15mg/kg/dose (max ceiling dose 500mg) every 4-6th hourly, that too only if fever is more than 100F. I suggest not using combination medicines for fever, especially with Paracetamol.
Sneezing is protective reflex, do not worry about it unless the baby is having fast breathing and cough and unable to feed.
For nasal block, plain saline nasal drops will do, one drop in each nostril every 4-6th hourly to relive nasal congestion.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for cold sore
- Suggest treatment for cold with sore throat
- Suffering from cold and sneezing required treatment
- What treatment is suggested for fever and cold
- Have cold sneezing disturbed sleep cough treatment
- Treatment for frequent sneezing running nose cold and fever
- Suggest treatment for cold and cough
- Suggest treatments for bad cold
- Suggest treatment for cold and sneezing
- Treatment for cold cough and sneezing of child