Suggest treatment for excessive perspiration

Dr. Anshul Varshney

Posted on Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello Doctor, My name is XXXX. Age 27 yrs. I have a childhood problem of perspiration. I perspire in all seasons. Can you suggest a cure/remedy/medi?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hyperhidrosis.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney.
I understand your concern.
This can be due to idiopathic Hyperhidrosis.
Idiopathic means without a cause.
But to say it is idiopathic we need to rule out few causes that can cause it.
Treatment and remedy would depend on that only.
I would like to know following:
1. Any history of thyroid disorder?
2. Any history of high blood pressure or diabetes?
3. Any history of flushing or feeling of increase in heart rate that is palpitations.
4. Any history of any cardiac disease?
5. Do you sweat a lot in winters also?
6. Are you overweight?

Revert with these details in point wise manner for a better help.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 2 hours later
1. Any history of thyroid disorder?
No history of the disorder. My mom also sweats but only her palms are affected.
My dad has diabetes but he was diagonsed with Diabetes during 30's, diabetes doesnt run in family.
No.
4. Any history of any cardiac disease?
No
5. Do you sweat a lot in winters also?
Yes. Also I have noticed when there is anxiety or when I am nervous then I sweat and sometimes with no reason.
6. Are you overweight?
Yes little. My current weight is 84kg. My height is 5ft 9and 1/2 inches.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Detail Follows.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Friend.
I would advise you to get a thyroid profile and fasting blood sugar done.
If they are normal then we would say it is idiopathic Hyperhidrosis.
As such no treatment is effective in controlling the sweating properly.
What is required is to maintain hygiene and cleaniness to prevent any infection.
There are no drugs effective for idiopathic Hyperhidrosis .
Revert back to me with your test results if they come out to be abnormal.
If you have any further query please ask me.
Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney 16 minutes later
ok thank you Sir.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Good Luck.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
If you have no further query please close the discussion and rate it.
Stay Healthy.