Suggest treatment for erection problem

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Mental Health
Question: Hi Doctor,

I am 32 yrs old. and i am having erection problem. I have consulted one of the best sexiologist doctor in XXXXXXX Initially he had taken the multiple test and didn't say it to me properly. He had given the tablet but didn't mention the name. With out the tablet i didn't able to intercourse. Hardly after long gap only i can able to have intercourse that too occassionally. When i tried to intercourse regularly without tablet i didn't able to do it. Even i went to sex theraphy with my spouse it is not provided me the result.

Now i heard about wave theraphy when i asked it whether i could opt for it for permanent solution. But he said that is not required. This time he had prescribed tablet 1.Zydal IS MD-20MG - 1/2 tablet. 2. NANO LEO CAP 3. AZN-500 Tab. He told me to continue for couple of months and it will resolved. Can i get permanent solution?

Kindly suggest me the way forward for me permanent solution.
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You would improve without drugs

Detailed Answer:
HI
Thanks for choosing healthcare magic. I, Dr Abhishek Kapoor, would help you to solve your problem.

First of all, i would like to tell you about the basic things you need to get better sex, which includes sexual thoughts, chemical changes and proper blood circulation. When we have sexual thoughts in our mind, it cause the release of some chemical from brain, which lead to increase circulation in penis. This lead to erection of penis.

Erectile dysfunction is second commonest sexual dysfunction in male after premature ejaculation. Your doppler test is normal and there is no underline abnormality in penis. There is nothing to worry about it.

You can do few things that would help in maintaining proper erection and duration:
1. Increase the duration of foreplay. That would help in increasing duration of sex and get proper erection that would last for longer time. After first round, keep doing foreplay. That would help you to get good erection and would prepare you for further round.
2. You can use condom that would help to increase duration by delaying ejaculation.
3. You can also take some drugs like tadalafil or sidenafil that would increase circulation in penis and lead to better erection, but remember one thing, sex does not depend upon drug. If you want to do sex at any time, then try to do it without medication.
4. You can try sex in different position. It would help to decrease anxiety related to erection and help to get better erection.
5. You can also try oral sex in case you do not get proper erection. It would give you some satisfaction.

If you follow these steps, these steps would help you to get proper erection without drugs. I think with this answer you would be satisfied. In case you need further help, you can contact me.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist

Follow up: Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 13 hours later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for the response. But my report is normal why should i have this problem?
I want to do to intecourse with out tablet. I have soft copy of all my report but in the follow up question i didn't able to attach the document.

How long can i use the tablet which you prescribed tadalafil or sidenafil ??

In fore play i am getting erection but it is not enough for me to penerate. If i m involving in oralsex i m getting ejaculation before inserting.

How long can i use this tablet which got prescribed from the doctor..

1.Zydal IS MD-20MG - 1/2 tablet. 2. NANO LEO CAP

Brief Answer:
Try paroxetine

Detailed Answer:
HI

You have psychogenic erection. If you think about erection during sex, you would not able to maintain erection. There is no need think about it. Just concentrate on sex and that would help you to get proper erection. You can use Zydal (tadalafil) or sildenafil on sos basis. There is no need to take these tablets daily. Take them whenever you feel any need. You can try Nano LEO. It acts on HCG hormone and helps to increase testosterone, but it does not have good effect on psychogenic erectile dysfunction. If you are thinking, you are getting premature ejaculation, better to use paroxetine. It would help to get more duration. It is a antidepressant and safer than tadalafil or sidenafil.

If you have more query, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist
Follow up: Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 6 hours later
Thanks for your response. My wife is under treatment for baby and we are required to do sex frequently as advised by our doctor for that i need good erection which i want to do without tablet. So any advice or tips on baby making is much helpful. As well as pls advice which is the best position to have sex for baby making.

As you said psycogenic dysfunction is common problem. As a patient i was not able to deviate the thought about erection. As i understood it is problem on my thought process with out having tablet can't do it.

How can i come over this??

I like your response. Can you share your phone# or your hospital address so that i will contact you in person.

Answered by Dr. Abhishek Kapoor 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can try female on top position

Detailed Answer:
HI

Now i got the reason behind erectile dysfunction. I think, you have performance anxiety and due to that, you are not able to get proper erection. Better to stay relax and take tablet paroxetine. It would help to decrease unconscious anxiety and help to increase duration. You can also try different position like female on top or lateral position. In female on top, your partner would help you and it would decrease underline anxiety. You can also try sex in different location at home like in bathroom, kitchen or dinning room etc.

I stay in XXXXXXX and my phone no is 0000. You can catch me on skype dr.abhishekkapoor.

If you need further help, you can ask.

Dr. Abhishek Kapoor
Psychiatrist