Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
Hi, I got married last month. But my wife and I are unable to do sex. I think the problem is with me. Whenever we got engaged in foreplay I got excited and everything is normal but whenever I am trying to insert my Penis into her vagina, it gets relaxed. Earlier I used to masterbuate and this is never happened. I found many articles regarding erectile dysfunction. I am very worried.
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Erectile Dysfunction
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Its psychological reason Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. The fact that you got recently married and that you have a good erection during foreplay suggest that the cause is psychological. There is nothing wrong with your penis. The problem is in the mind. So no need to panic. Its just that you are not comfortable in your mind to have sex. It may have something to do with with your earlier sexual experiences or ideas about sex. You need to feel comfortable with your wife and there should not be any pressure to perform. Sensate focus therapy will help you. In this therapy you need to have all kinds of foreplay and refrain from having the actual sexual encounter for a few weeks. You may also use some aromatic oils. You may get in touch with a psychiatrist who can guide you with this therapy. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction 39 hours later
Thanks for your reply. It was really helpful and encouraging. So, the therapy you suggested (Sensate focus), is it possible on my own? Some of the other factors that would have contributed to the nervousness are: I used to watch porn movies earlier and had expectations like those movies. Also, my wife is very scared of virginity break. Whenever earlier I tried to insert the penis into her vagina, she used to protest. Before marriage, I used to think that sex would be so much fun but now I am not able to even perform it.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It would be fine Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Your wife's initial denial to do sex could also be responsible for this. Don't worry as it is just matter of time. Sensate focus therapy can be done along with your wife under the instruction of a psychiatrist. Regarding the porn movie thing reel life is very different from the real life. Sex will be enjoyable but your bodies will take time to be comfortable with each other. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction 18 hours later
Thanks for the response. So, if I could not overcome the problem on my own, who should I talk to? I think there are many doctors which will take advantage of my condition and will misguide me. How do I find a good doctor for the Sensate Focus Therapy? I am from Bangalore. For how long this therapy will go? Also, how much does it cost in general?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Any psychiatrist of a corporate hospital Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Any psychiatrist of any good corporate hospital should be good to take care of you. Sensate focus therapy should have 5 to 6 consultations and should cost you some where around 3000 to 4000. I being from Indore I am sorry for not being able to provide you the exact doctors name. Wishing you good health. Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Child Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor