Ask a Urologist   »  

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Question
What can I do to get an erection. I could not get one the last time when hoping to have sex with my girlfriend.
Wed, 23 May 2018 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You may need sildenafil and supplements

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to HealthcareMagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it can be due to age-related decrease in libido, or lack of concentration or other distractors like other health issues or social stressors. Even the subjective causes like micronutrients deficiencies should also be ruled out.

Using supplements containing zinc, calcium, vitamin C, D, and B complex and folic acid may help but the improvement can be slower. Using Sildenafil or other drugs which increase blood flow to the penis may help but other contraindications like cardiac issues need to be ruled out first.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.