Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1978
Answered : 6714 Questions
My penis is hard and erect only for a shorter time .. how to improve this .. it is not hard enough to insert into my girlfriend who is a virgin ..
Mon, 5 Mar 2018 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Brief answer....cause for your erectile dysfunction ( ED ) needs to be diagnosed and then treated accordingly
Detailed answer....
Thanks or the query.
I have read your query and understand your concern.
ED problem is either due to physical problems like high blood pressure,diabetes,low testosterone,obesity,abnormal thyroid functions,abnormal prolactin hormones,use of excess of steroids by people going to gym etc
It is due to psychological problems like depression,anxiety,stress ( it could be due to job or money or or some other event),could be relationship problem or even sexual performance anxiety. Alcohol,drugs and smoking can also cause ED.
Since you are a young person,chances of physical problems look less and  it appears to be more of psychological reasons,however it would be better to consult a doctor and get yourself tested so as to rule out any disease process.
Once it is sure that problem is psychological,then you can do following things...
Quit smoking and drugs and moderate your alcohol intake,if any
If obese,then reduce your weight by doing regular aerobic exercises and calorie restriction.
Can try yoga,meditation pranayama and deep breathing exercises.
Can take your partner in confidence who can help you out.
Can take the help of a psychiatrist and use medicines like VIAGRA,CIALIS etc.
I hope this detailed discussion helps you,however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor