• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Thu, 29 Jun 2017 in Sexual Health
Question: sir I recently got married and I have good body structure, normally my penis size is 5.1 inch after erection,is it ok for sex
second thing I didn't Know how to do sex neither my spouse,but during first night my penis was erected but as I was not able to insert in her vagina but during trial also I insertion was not possible,as I tried a lot during the first night her vagina opening was very small .
during all this I am not able to keep my penis erect for more time and was not able to insert in her.
can you suggest me how to keep erection for more time
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is completely normal size

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

First of all I like to inform you that you have perfectly normal size of penis and there is nothing to worry about it. The average size for most XXXXXXX is 3.5 to 5.5 Inch of erect penis and you fall within normal range.

Now regarding the inexperience and all these problems encountered by you I will suggest following.
1. Abstain from sexual intercourse for a period of one week. During this time do everything between sheets but not penetration.This is important to have proper relaxation of your partners body as it seems that she have involuntary contraction of her outer vagina.

2. Spend enough time for foreplay and focus on pleasure rather than performance. The fear of performance is the main cause for loss of erection after some time and there is immense need to control it altogether at this stage.

3. Use lubricants before attempting insertion. It is important to have proper lubrication for successful intercourse. There are excellent options from various brands such as Durex for everyone need and you can order one through online suitable for you.

I hope this answers your question.
If you need to know more feel free to contact me.
not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Thanks and regards
Dr Ashok Kumar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Ashok Kumar


Practicing since :2000

Answered : 3157 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

156 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Ashok Kumar
  • Q - How to have a successful sexual intercourse?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for OCD

  • Q - Suggest the sleep aids that i can use with Carvedilol?

  • Q - What causes sensitivity to sun light?

  • Q - Is it safe to have 120ml of alcohol everyday?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for orgasmic dysfunction

  • Q - Suggest treatment for non retraction of foreskin

  • Q - Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation

  • Q - How long do psychotic disorders take to get cured?

  • Q - What causes erectile dysfuntion?