Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Wed, 22 Mar 2017 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi,
I am 45 yes old with married life of 21 yes, from last several month I anm facing erectile dysfunction problem, premature equation. I drink alcohol approx 150 ml daily.non diabetes BP approx 90/130.
Please guide
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic..

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I request you to provide following information point wise so the diagnosis can be made and suitable remedy can be offered.

1. What do you mean by premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction? Please use common language as what you mean by these terms may be different from the medical terminology.

2. Have you experienced same issues while masturbating or doing sex in past?

3. How the problem started ? It was built up slowly or abruptly?

4. What could be the factor according to you for onset of problem?

5. Frequency of the problem in last one month ? What number of sexual intercourse/masturbation failed in last one month?

6. What are the factors that increase the problem?

7. Factors that relieve the problem- you can describe them in detail if any?

8. Do you get early morning erection?

9. If yes how frequent and how intense? Please answer this necessarily.

10. How long it take to get second erection after the first intercourse?

11. How long a penetrative sex last?

12. Details of past medical illnesses, like duration, any complications, treatment received till date.

13. Investigations done till date and reports - please attach them.

14. Do you have any psychiatric illness?

15.Any other problem you like to report

16. Your body weight and height

I must assure you that once we know the cause I can you guide you better in regard to treatment.

Thanks again

I look forward to see above details.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 23 minutes later
1 I can't last 5 to 8 min during sex. now erectile problem has also started.
2 yes but I don't do masturbating.
3 slowly
4 can't say
5 first day u can say good but second day problem arise.
6 don't know
7
8 yes some time
9 good
10 it take 1 hrs.
11
12 - 15 nothing
16 110 kg / 5'11"
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for reverting back to me with necessary details.

In my opinion three things need to be done.

Firstly reduction of weight - Yes you guessed right that there is need to have diet control and increased physical activity.

Secondly cutting down on alcohol.

Thirdly stress management. You did not mention anything about the stress being a factor in your sexual health but I like to inform you that stress is most important determinant of your sexual health.

I like to inform you that there is no premature ejaculation if you last even 5 minutes. The normal time for majority of population is two to five minutes and I think your time exactly falls under the normal category.

I hope this assists you.
If you have more questions I will be glad to assist you further.
If you do not have more questions, please close the discussion and if possible rate the answer for my future patients.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 13 minutes later
Thanks for your reply,
What about erectile problem the main factors. Please suggest some medicine for temporary use.
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I do not think there is need for medicine

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me.

You did not describe the erectile dysfunction. You mentioned that refractory period is around one hour and you have good erection during early morning which is suggestive of complete normal sex response.

I do not think you need medications at this stage. The strategies advised above should be sufficient for you.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks and regards.