Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 21 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I am not getting erection for last 1/2 years and could not attempt an intercourse for the period. I had a bad habit of excessive musterbation at the age of 16/17 yrs. I tried many homeo medicines and initially got some results also. But nowadays nothing is working. I am 58 yrs old. Is it natural at this age? But my friends are still in the habit of doing intercourse regularly. Pl advise me a good medicine not any steroid. Does penis massage with sesame oil cure ed
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Needs to investigate

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for query .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Are you diabetic ?
2) Do you have high blood pressure ?

The problem of Erectile Dysfunction that you are facing may be due to following two factors
1) Reduced Serum Testosterone levels which is common with advancing age
2) Reduced blood flow to erectile tissue in penis due to age related atherosclerosis of penile arteries which supply arterial blood to erectile tissue .

You need to consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get following basic tests done
1) Color Doppler Ultrasound Scanning of penis
2) Complete blood work up .

Taking Sildenafil (Viagra)as on demand will help to get good hard sustainable erection and to have enjoyable sex.

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
I am not a diabetic but I am suffering from cholesterol and blood pressure and taking the following medicaine.
1. Rosuvas-10 mg
2. Ecosprin-75mg
3.CTD-6.5 mg
4.Asomex-2.5mg

Can I take Sildenafil (Viagra) along with the above medicines. Then what should be the dose of Viagra and frequency. At what time should I take viagra. Is viagra safe for me since i am a heart related patient. Does penile massage with sesame oil beneficial for me? pl advise

One more thing my penis has been reduced in size. pl save me from the situation
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
penile massage will not help .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up . I would suggest to take 50 mg of Viagra one hour before only on the day of planned sexual activity .It does not have to be taken daily. You can increase dose up to 100 mg depending upon response .

Your family Dr will explain you all the minor side effects ..

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Dr Doctor

You have not mentioned whether I can take this drug with other medications that I am currently using. Is there any side effect on the eyesight? or heart? pl explain.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can safely take Viagra with drugs that you are taking .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

None of the drugs that you are taking contain Nitrite hence you can safely take Viagra along with these drugs .

Viagra is known to have side effects like slight dizziness,nasal congestion which lasts for few hours and does not have side effect on heart and eyesight . .

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Patil.