Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: hi sir my penis is not erecting properly while having sex its erected when my wife touch it or do a fore play but when i start to trying to insert first thing i feel difficult to insert and second point my penis come to normal condition that means the excitement is gone, we try it again and the same thing happens i am worried if there is a problem with me or her?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
The problem of Erectile Dysfunction that you have is Psychogenic in nature

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .
Based on your statement you are getting good erection during fore play but unable to penetrate vagina and looses erection .

This could be due to following few factors
1) You may likely to have flaccid erection not adequate hard to penetrate
2) Vagina of your wife may be narrow (Vaginal stenosis)
3) Vagina may not be well lubricated due to inadequate vagina secretions .
4) Does your wife has pain while attempting to penetrate ?

Get your wife examined by a qualified Gynecologist to rule out vaginal stenosis if so may need to dilate the same .

The cause of ED in young adults is mainly psychogenic in nature and is due to what is called as Performance anxiety .Following measure will help you to boost up your confidence and getting good erection.
1) Practice regular exercise for 45 minutes followed by meditation for 1/2 an hour in the morning.
2) Take high protein diet rich in vegetables and fruits and Vitamin A,C,D,E.and Zinc
3)Take anti oxidants like Almonds 5-6 everyday..
4) Avoid alcohol and smoking..

Taking Sildenafil (Viagra)as on demand will help to get good hard sustainable erection and have penetrative sex .
and to have enjoyable sex.

If these measures fail to get hard erection you will need to consult qualified Urologist for detail clinical assessment and relevant blood test and Color Doppler Ultrasound Scanning of penis to rule out vasculogenic cause for your ED.ultrasound .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.