Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Klarida Papaqako

Posted on Sat, 4 Mar 2017 in Sexual Health
Question: My boyfriend age 45, Been dating for 4 years. sex the first year about 7 times and nothing since. He has a history of ED. Just recently He has been jacking off and watching porn. Please help me understand this all. He doesn't know I know that he's doing this. He's been sleeping on the couch for a little over a year now too
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
If he is masturbating then he doesn't have organic ED

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your question.
I read it carefully and I understand your concern.

How is your relationship outside of bedroom? Do you talk with each other about intimate things and feelings? Does he tells you that he loves you?

If he is masturbating means that he does not have organic ED but just functional due to either stress performance or some other factor.

Please let me know more information or thoughts you have and I will advice accordingly.
For now, my main recommendation is that you prepare a nice romantic dinner for him and talk openly about your intimate relationship - what are his thoughts, fears, ect. Be very sincere and open though, and very careful...If he realises that you are by his side and supporting him, he will talk openly too.

Hope this is helpful.
Looking forward to your follow up question.

Dr.Papaqako
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Klarida Papaqako 2 days later
Good morning,

Our relationship is soso. We don't talk much. The only time he says I love you is when I say it first. He spends a lot of time on his lap top. So this masturbating, is it normal? Is he practicing? I know nothing about it. I'm a shy person, I know I don't talk much, but he does and he doesn't to me that is.
Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Masturbation is normal for guys

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

The process of masturbation is normal and natural for guys. They get the urges and when their partner is not available, they will masturbate.

Watching porn sometimes is also ok.

For women emotional intimacy is important. For men getting physically intimate with partner is important. Contrary to common belief, sexual intimacy can be initiated by the female partner also. So you may approach him sexually. You can initiate with sexual talks.
If at heart he feels that he is yours, then there is not much to worry.

Dr.Papaqako

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj