• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi doctor,

I have recently got married and have been facing an issue of maintaining an erection while having sex. My wife's vagina is too tight and by the time I try to enter I lose the erection. Due to this I am unable to have sexual intercourse properly.
Also I am ejaculating a little sooner.

Could you please help?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your wife needs treatment

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query.

There are two issues to be addressed- Tight vagina and Erection problem

Tight vagina is a very common problem where there is involuntary spasm of vaginal opening when the female anticipated penile entry. It becomes so tight that penetration is impossible. It is due to unconscious fears of pain, misconceptions about sex and anxiety. Some times local problems like infections, inadequate lubrication or vaginal abnormality also contribute. Treatment is psychotherapy which can be given on line so that the fear can be removed.
In the interim, try good foreplay with an effort to improve lubrication. You can also try lubricants like KY jelly and see if it helps penetration.
Second is erection issue. It can be due to anxiety of inability to penetrate. Therefore I will first suggest treating your wife. If penetration is possible, I feel you may not need any treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Answered by
Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa


Practicing since :1983

Answered : 1525 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Psychotherapy

doctor1 MD

during sleep i get lot of sexual dreams due to these without my conscious sperm leakage is taking place, due to this i am not able to concentrate...

doctor1 MD

hi, during sleep i get lot of sexual dreams due to these without my conscious sperm leakage is taking place, due to this i am not able to...

doctor1 MD

I have to do therapy 3 times out of the week it s starting to get intense. I have always sweated really bad because I get hot very easily and very...

doctor1 MD

hello this is khalil ullah from afghanistan age 18.

dear sir actually i have sex problem since 2005 still now.when ever i sleep during night night...

doctor1 MD

What are the current treatments for fibromyalgia? I am taking lyrica and tramadol

doctor1 MD

why do I get disoriented feeling with my anxiety? I have anxiety with my Hashimoto's but here lately I don't feel like I'm here at all since I've...

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with very frequent premature ventricular ectopics. I have been asked to take Inderal 10mg as required...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

160 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa
  • Q - What are the side effects of regular masturbation?

  • Q - Suggest remedy for pain in scrotum

  • Q - Can Prodep and Tetrafol effective in treatment of premature ejaculation?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for pain and non retraction of foreskin

  • Q - What causes sour blisters on thighs?

  • Q - Suggest remedies to overcome anxiety caused due to antidepressants

  • Q - Suggest treatment for pain in testicles

  • Q - Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

  • Q - What causes headache during intercourse?

  • Q - What causes difficulty in getting an erection?