• question-icon

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Thu, 2 Jun 2016 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi doctor,

I have recently got married and have been facing an issue of maintaining an erection while having sex. My wife's vagina is too tight and by the time I try to enter I lose the erection. Due to this I am unable to have sexual intercourse properly.
Also I am ejaculating a little sooner.

Could you please help?
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your wife needs treatment

Detailed Answer:

There are two issues to be addressed- Tight vagina and Erection problem

Tight vagina is a very common problem where there is involuntary spasm of vaginal opening when the female anticipated penile entry. It becomes so tight that penetration is impossible. It is due to unconscious fears of pain, misconceptions about sex and anxiety. Some times local problems like infections, inadequate lubrication or vaginal abnormality also contribute. Treatment is psychotherapy which can be given on line so that the fear can be removed.
In the interim, try good foreplay with an effort to improve lubrication. You can also try lubricants like KY jelly and see if it helps penetration.
Second is erection issue. It can be due to anxiety of inability to penetrate. Therefore I will first suggest treating your wife. If penetration is possible, I feel you may not need any treatment.

DR SAATIISH JHUNTRRAA
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa

Sexologist