• question-icon

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Posted on Wed, 1 Jun 2016 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: age 60 years, diabetic since from 20 years, since from few years my penis is not erecting unable to do the intercourse, if female touch the penis with in few second it will discharge. unable to enjoy the sex in life. guide and help please.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your ED is mostly due to Diabetes .

Detailed Answer:
Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you are diabetic and facing problem of Erectile Dysfunction since couple of years .

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem.
1) Do you have normal sex desire (Libido)?

With advancing age there is fall in serum testosterone levels which is main contributing factor in desire for sex ..In a person with long standing diabetes there is always a complications called as Diabetic Neuritis and Diabetic Vasculitis which causes reduced blood flow too erectile tissue in penis which is the main cause for ED.

You need to consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis
1) Blood Test for Sugar and HbA1c to see status of diabetes .
2) Serum Testosterone
3) Color Doppler Ultrasound Scan of penis

You can try taking Sildenafil (Viagra) or Cialis as on demand one hour before sex .

Further treatment will be decided by him based on the results of these test .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 47 hours later
Thank you Doctor for your kind reply, for your question 1
absolutely NO.

after your advice i have used the VIAGRA 100 MG, yes there is good improve in size and length, but erection problem and no stiffness to do the intercourse.

Hence you are requested to advice me accordingly to get proper erection and stiffness.
thanks
with regards
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need to do Penile Ultrasound Scan.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .
Not getting good hard erection even after taking 100 mg of Viagra demands further test like Color Doppler Ultrasound Scan of penis to confirm any vasculogenic cause for your ED ,

Please go ahead and get it done .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist