Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: worried abt my sexual condition my penis size small n while musturbating sperm doesn't comes out ! don hav a proper erection !! please help !! whenever i use condom i fail to hav a intercourse erection doesnt happens !! am 25 year old unmarried
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concern.

Presence of erectile dysfunction in middle age could be due to multiple factors which includes psychological to organic problems.

Before we can make any conclusions I request you to provide following details so an impression can be made about the cause of problem.

1. How long you are facing this problem (erection and early discharge) ?
2. How the problem started whether it was sudden in onset or build up slowly over the months or years
3. Frequency of the problem in a week ?
4. In a typical month out of what number of sexual interactions/masturbations ?
5. What are the factors that increase the problem?
6. Factors that relieve the problem- thoughts, situations, partner, place etc
7. Do you get early morning erection?
8. If yes how frequent
9. Your relationship status and partner details- Is she very critical, demands sex more than what can you think, does she feel superior to you or bothers you in some other regards
10. Effect on your relationship so far due to problem
11. Details of medical illness, if any
12. Medications you are receiving currently, if any including ayurvedic homeopathic or any other
13. Medication you received in past and their effect?
14. Do you have any psychiatric illness?
15. Investigations done till date and reports of most latest investigations?
16. Size of your pens both while erected and flaccid?

I must assure you that once we identify cause it will be easy to correct it.
I look forward to see more details.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
6 months i am facing this problem
once a year back got an erection size of my penis raise to nearly 4 to 5 inch i couldnt control i tried to bend it down in my pants heard a sound of something cracking then later slowly loosing my size n thickness of my penis
i get morning erections
i tried to hav sex with sez workewr with condom i succeed 2 times of 10 !! i can see venis on my penis
the skin i too long if i retract the skin from penis head the skin gets folded too much!!
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It seems psychogenic erectile dysfunction and follow advice

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXX,
Thanks for reverting back to me.

From the available description it seems that you are getting this problem due to psychological cause rather than any organic cause.
This is evidenced by frequent morning erections and in between normal performance when the stress was probably low.

I do not think you have small penis as average length of penis is 4-5 inch and you have near average.

I need to suggest few things
1. Reduce the stress level by incorporation antioxidant in diet and regular physical exercise of 45 minutes per day. This is most important thing as it is possible that reduction of stress will bring out normal sex life for you.
2. While engaging in sexual activity spend enough time in foreplay, You need to distract yourself from the penetration part of sex as it brings more stress and lowers confidence. Average recommended time for foreplay is 15-30 minutes which can be modified as per your need and comfort level.
3. Increase garlic consumption in your diet if it is not a prohibitive spice in your family. Try to take average 10-15 gram per day.

4. Get these blood tests done so other causes can be ruled out although there is low possibility of them.
LH
FSH
Sr Prolactin
Testosterone
Penile Doppler study

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar