Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Niranjan G

Diabetologist

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Diabetes
Question: i am 50 years diabetic for last 10 years. Have a problem of erection and sustainability. Of late the problem is more acute with the thing being not hard enough for penetration in spite of being aroused. even with the use of viagra type of medicines it seldom works.What should I do ?
Answered by Dr. Niranjan G 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
you first need be investigated and control your sugar

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,
greetings from HCM. I understand your problem.

First you need to get all the investigation s done. Fasting and post prandial glucose, HbA1c, microalbuminuria, renal and hepatic profile, testosterone , and thyroid hormone profile.

You need to control the sugar levels first might be depending on the results you start insulin after consulting with your family physician.

You need to take more of green leafy vegetables and fruits, more proteins, avoid smoking and alcohol first. You need to practice yoga and pranayama it works. Avoid stress and sleep adequately.

Meanwhile you can try hither dose of viagra and some vacuumed devices, local injections for erectile dysfunction and for which you need to meet your surgeon. Keep your blood pressure in check. If required start medications. Take tablet A2z regularly.

Revert back with the investigations.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj