Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Mon, 29 Jun 2015 in Sexual Health
Question: Hi I have a girlfriend. We tried to get physically involved but I could not get hard on. We spent time on foreplay and the hard on I got is for very shorter time. I could not enjoy sex with her and felt ashamed.

As our is a distant relation,I visited massage parlor and then tried to evaluate myself by asking female staff to give me hand job. But the result was same. I could not get hard on.

My lifestyle is as follows:

I started consuming alcohol 6 years back and weekly consumption of alcohol is 250 ml on weekend.

Started smoking 6 years back and usually smoke 10 units per day. I tried to masturbate while smoking and watching porn.

Please advise me how I should solve this health hazard.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likely from anxiety.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM.

I have gone through your query and the previous one . Your problem can be most likely from anxiety and stress.

Do you get a normal erection while masterbation?

If you get a normal erection while masterbation then organically most likely you are fine.

But if you are not getting erection while masterbation then a consultation with urologist and an ultrasound of penis should be done.

Avoid smoking and alcohol. Get some stress relaxing exercises like breathing exercise. Sit relaxed and take deep breaths. Do this a couple of times a day. You can also go for a counselling with psycologist. Get proper exercise like jogging, swimming or playing games like batminton daily. Check your lipid profile and blood sugar levels also.

If these measures are not helping then Drugs like Dapoxetine prior to intercourse will be helpful.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.

Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 8 minutes later
Thanks for the response XXXXXXX

I have quit smoking for a period of 30 days and joined gym for this period of time. But I could not get any significant result.

Please let know if any specific diet should be followed apart from quit smoking and drinking.

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Explained below.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up.

There is non specific diet. You can have a nutritious diet including all nutrients. You can include foods like eggs or meat and fish, various nuts and citrus fruits. Zinc rich foods like oysters is good also.

Taking Vitamin E , vitamin C and supplements containing B12,folic acid ,selenium,zinc,L carnitine and antioxidants like lycopene will be good also. This is available in brands like Maxoza l.

And you didn't give me the answer whether you are getting a normal erection while masterbating.

Let me know if anything not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.

Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 5 minutes later
I feel I do not get strong erection as I used to get earlier. Now Its only for few seconds during ejaculation.

I have taken mecofeel and serta-25 for a week after consultation with sexologist but I did not find any improvement.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urology consultation is well appreciated.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up query.

In such a consultation with an urologist and ultrasound examination of penis if required should be done.

I don't prefer sertraline (serta 25) for this when drugs like Dapoxetine is available. Dapoxetine which is a short acting drug can be used when needed and no need to take every day.

Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.
Follow up: Dr. Nishad BN 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
I need you views on the prescription given to me by sexologist today

1 bupron xl 150
2 taloprax 10
3 quogress

please provide your comments for the same.
Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Given for your anxiety issues and to stop smoking.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome again.

Thank you for your follow up.

These medications are given for your anxiety issues and to help in smoking cessation.

Bupron xl 150 is an antidepressant used for smoking cessation aid. This will help you to overcome the withdrawal effects of smoking cessation.

Taloprex is Escitalopram which is a SSRI group drug used for controlling anxiety issues.

Quogress is a combination of supplements like omega 3 fatty acids , coenzyme q and vitamin E. Omega 3 fatty acids help in lowering depression and stress. Coenzyme q is an antioxidant and vitamin E is a reproductive vitamin also. These are given for strengthening your sexuality.

You should have a regular follow up with your doctor as first 2 drugs are psycoactive drugs.

Thanks.