Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
probabaly no evident therpay except medicines
Thanks for writing to us.
I can understand your concern.
There is no evidence based treatment for erectile dysfunction except medicines. Still I will try my best to help you in treatment of ED without medicines.
First of all you need to reduce weight. Obesity itself hampers erection. Obesity is also responsible for hypertension(high blood pressure) and Diabetes which in turn responsible for erectile dysfunction.
If you are physically fit and without any disease, sex counseling,couple therapy and Master & XXXXXXX Technique can help in erectile dysfunction. For this you need to involve your partner/wife in therapy.Psychiatrist or qualified sexologist is the doctor to be consulted in this case.
There are some natural lifestyle measures which help to improve blood flow to penis and overall sexual performance.
- The most important factor is healthy heart. Blood is pumped in to body by heart.So regular exercise and avoidance of fatty fast food are important measures to prevent heart disease. Regular walking, swimming or running overall improves blood flow to whole body circulation including penis and keep the mind fresh.
- Good healthy food is also an important aspect. Bananas, Garlic, dry fruits(they contains vitamins), eggs, cow milk, cow butter are good food which may help in erectile dysfunction.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol. Low amount of alcohol can help in increasing blood flow but more amount can cause opposite effects. So better to avoid the same.
Other non evident approaches are:
- Kegel exercises
- Vacuum Pump
- Ginseng, specifically “red ginseng,” is known as the “herbal Viagra” that helps in ED.
Another medicine cum vitamin supplement containing pyridoxal-5-phosphate, mecobalamin and l-methylfolate (trade name tetrafol plus in India)is very helpful in my patients. It has shown improvement in 50-60% patients of mine with ED.You should take it after meal twice a day. If you feel some improvement in 20 days you should continue for at least 2 months. You may get this medicine over the counter as it is vitamin product.You may need to ask about the drugs with similar contents to your pharmacist or doctor.
When someone has erectile dysfunction due to any reason and penis does not get erect sufficiently then medicines are needed.
5- PDE inhibitor group of medicines like sildenafil or tadalafil are used. One of them should be used 2 hours prior to sex. They causes headache,stuffy nose nausea and gastric discomfort like common side effects. Proper physical check up of cardiac system should be done by a doctor before starting the same.These are prescription medicines and you need to consult doctor/psychiatrist/sexologist for the prescription.
Hope I have answered your query, I will be happy to help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest erectile dysfunction treatment when celais fails
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premacture ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for severe erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for low hemoglobin and erectile dysfunction
- Planning for a child suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and numb feeling of penis
- Suggest natural treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for low sperm count and erectile dysfunction