Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction

Psychiatrist
Question
Hello Doctor
I am 32 years unmarried... I am unable to maintain erection. Even if i get erection it lasts only for a short time only as long as i look onto some obscene stuff..... Kindly suggest me a medication to prolong the erection period.. Also suggest me a medication to increase semen volume.. Thanking you
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Sexual Health

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Phosphodiasterase inhibitor-5 group of drugs helps

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for the query

Phosphodiasterase inhibitor-5 group of drugs like tardalafil, sildenafil etc does help in maintaining erection. But such drugs must be taken under supervision of a physician and should not be taken 2-3times per week.

Semen volume may increase with some androgen hormone replacements like testosterone etc. But usually the need for increase in semen volume is psychological. There are no medical reasons for such need. This can better be evaluated by an Endocrinologist before attempting to consume such hormones as they may have potential side effects

Hope this answers the query