Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction while having diabetes

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Thu, 30 Mar 2017 in Erectile Dysfunction
Question: Hi Doc,

I think I am suffering from ED, please advise how can overcome this condition.

I am type 2 diabetic with weight aroung 90 kgs

Please prescripe some medicine to overcome this situation
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please provide more details

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic.

I read your query and understand your concerns.

I request you to provide following information point wise so the diagnosis can be made and suitable remedy can be offered.

1. What do you mean by suffering with erectile dysfunction? Please use common language as what you mean by the term ED as it may be different from what is defined in medical dictionary.

2. How long the problem is there and have you experienced same issues while masturbating or doing sex in past?

3. How the problem started ? It was built up slowly or abruptly?

4. What could be the factor according to you for onset of problem?

5. Frequency of the problem in last one month ? What number of sexual intercourse/masturbation failed in last one month?

6. What are the factors that increase the problem?

7. Factors that relieve the problem- you can describe them in detail if any?

8. Do you get early morning erection?

9. If yes how frequent and how intense? Please answer this necessarily.

10. How long it take to get second erection after the first intercourse? if applicable

11. How long a penetrative sex last?

12. Details of past medical illnesses, like duration, any complications, treatment received till date including ongoing diabetes.

13. Investigations done till date and reports - please attach them.

14. Do you have any psychiatric illness?

15.Any other problem you like to report

16. Your body weight (90kg) and height

I must assure you that once we know the cause I can you guide you better in regard to treatment.

Thanks again

I look forward to see above details.
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 6 hours later
Hi Doc,

Below is the answer required:

1. Problem is difficulty in getting erection, sustaining erection, erection not very strong.

2. I feel since last 1 year, never seen such issue in past.

3. Not sure, I think slowly

4. No ieaa

5. No failed intercorse/masterbation.

6. & 7. No idea

8. Not very frequently.

9. Around one in fortnight and not very intense.

10. Very long, also depends on situation.

11. Around 2 min. Very rarely more.

12 13 14 no previous illness. Except but diabetics since last 8 years. I take insuline 1 time a day.

15. Weight 90, height 5.7

One more thing which I would like to mention, at times I take alcohol too.

Waiting for your help.

Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please do following

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me with valuable details.

From the available description I am of the opinion that you have developed erectile dysfunction of organic nature ? probably diabetes induced.

I request you to do following

1. Regular physical exercise to achieve target weight of 70 kg. I understand it is not a easy task but it does not mean it can not be achieved. In my observation with consistent effort there is good possibility of achieving desired results.

2. Estimation of lipid profile and if any abnormality detected go for less fat diet and anti cholesterol medication

3. Stoppage of alcohol if your weekly limit crosses 14 units (420 gram alcohol). Stop smoking if any.

4. Use of tadalafil 5 mg two hours before sex. This will help you in getting desired action before you correct your metabolic parameters such as weight and cholesterol.

I hope this helps you.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for my future patients.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ashok-kumar/67386
Thanks and regards.
Follow up: Dr. Ashok Kumar 9 hours later
Thanks doc.,

Just wanted to know how this medicine work and what are its side effects.

Also till how long I can take the medicine.

Thanks
XXXX

Sorry missed, what is lipid profile if you could explain it in simple English.

Thanks
XXXX
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for reverting back to me.

You need to continue this medication for a short time till you achieve proper weght loss and normal lipid profile with healthy life style.

There is no limit on duration but in ideal situations the course should be possible shortest.

Lipid profile means your cholesterol level. Get it done from any nearby laboratory and talk to me/your doctor.

I hope this helps you further.
Thanks and regards.