Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction post nephrectomy
ED is due to injury to Neuro vascular bundle during surgery .
Thanks for your query ,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you recently have undergone surgery of Radical Cysto Postatectomy for cancer of the bladder and since then facing problem of Erectile Dysfunction .
To get ED after Radical Cysto Prosatectomy is known complication of this radical surgery and is due to injury to Neuro Vascular bundle that is involved in process of Erection .
This may last for 6 months to one yer and in most of the cases gets resolved gradually .
Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
I had my bladder and prostate removed in February this year. My kidney was removed in march last year. Im 64 years old and diabetic.
I explained my problem to my urologist and what he explained that during the removal of prostate and bladder there were tiny nerves which the can nt see thats also get removed
My urologist told me ill have the ED problem forever.
I tried the bimix injection which im not keen to take and i tried the pump which is not helping much.
Im feeling depressed sometimes because of this problem now its nearly a year and i dont see any improvement in my E
If the nerves are severed during surgery Ed problem will be permanent .
Normally during radical surgery for cancer of bladder and prostate every efforts are made to preserve the nerves or to avoid injury to these nerves but sometimes it is technically unavoidable to preserve these nerves that results in permanent problem of Ed.Your Urologist who has operated upon is the best person to explain you .
At the end we have to accept that eradicating cancer is more important than to preserve Erectile function .
You can try intracavernosal injection of Alprostadil to get erection and have enjoyable sex.
Thanks and Regards.
I tried Caverject injection but was very painfull. Are there any other medication for this ED problem
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest erectile dysfunction treatment when celais fails
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and premacture ejaculation
- Suggest treatment for severe erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for low hemoglobin and erectile dysfunction
- Planning for a child suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for premature ejaculation and erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction and numb feeling of penis
- Suggest natural treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Suggest treatment for low sperm count and erectile dysfunction
- Have stomach pain, fever and loose stool. On omniprzole and ciplox. Any...
- Have had cyst removed from lips and noticed rigidness. Will it cure on...
- On medication for BP, body pain and frequent urination. Getting weakness...
- Having pain in testicle and noticed dark skin on it. What to do?
- Took medication for neurological problem and never had a desire for...
- Experiencing prolonged menstrual periods. What to do?
- Have increase frequency and urgency of urination. Any treatment?
- Why does my penis look small when not erect?
- Having on and off mouth ulcer. What is causing this and how to get rid...
- Noticed movable lump on the side of abdomen. What could it be?