• question-icon

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction in an elderly person

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am a male 70 years old with Parkinson’s for almost 20 years, I was very active ( tennis) to 3 years ago, a
strange event, I was attack by a german shepherd and my defense screw up my shoulder, after two surgery and a lot of arthritis my health with no activity aloud Parkinson’s to take over, and made my a kind of subject to crisis and search for new drugs with not great results than side effects.
Lately for about one year I was feeling burn in my urethra and urgency to urinate often, after different urine test, a specialist, put a camera in my bladder and discover a tumor that will be take off very soon.
My enquiring is: i have a very beautiful and sexy young wife, and for the 6 years we are together I had a great sexual relationship, but after the discover of the tumor, and new drugs my neurologist gave to me, my sexy drive still high but my erections are funny and i can’t have orgasm so no sperm expelling. My doc say that is for the medication, and as soon I will be in surgery (end of August)and stop the medication my sexual life will be better either if I am 70. It is true? either at my age and help of Viagra I can have any orgasm or the most beautiful moment and sperm flowing? Do you have any recommendations to find again my manhood either by my age?
This the list of my medicine, Carbidopa-Levidopa 25-250 7xdays. Entacarpone 200MG 3 x days. Gabapentin 300MG 5 x days. Duloxetine delayed-release60 MG 1x day.
And for make my urination easier and less urgent, Rapaflo 8 MG,1xday.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Erectile dysfunction

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concern

“As” per your clinical history is concerned to take all medications as per your treating doctor. You had good sexual relation with your wife despite Parkinson's disease and it is good. Now your present problem is due to underlying cause of medication only so do surgical treatment as per your doctor's advice and it will improve soon without any problem.so at this moment to take any medication like Viagra is not a right decision at all. So wait and observe till surgery.

Nothing to be worried at all

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo