• question-icon

    Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction in an elderly person

Posted on Mon, 10 Jul 2017 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am a male 70 years old with Parkinson’s for almost 20 years, I was very active ( tennis) to 3 years ago, a
strange event, I was attack by a german shepherd and my defense screw up my shoulder, after two surgery and a lot of arthritis my health with no activity aloud Parkinson’s to take over, and made my a kind of subject to crisis and search for new drugs with not great results than side effects.
Lately for about one year I was feeling burn in my urethra and urgency to urinate often, after different urine test, a specialist, put a camera in my bladder and discover a tumor that will be take off very soon.
My enquiring is: i have a very beautiful and sexy young wife, and for the 6 years we are together I had a great sexual relationship, but after the discover of the tumor, and new drugs my neurologist gave to me, my sexy drive still high but my erections are funny and i can’t have orgasm so no sperm expelling. My doc say that is for the medication, and as soon I will be in surgery (end of August)and stop the medication my sexual life will be better either if I am 70. It is true? either at my age and help of Viagra I can have any orgasm or the most beautiful moment and sperm flowing? Do you have any recommendations to find again my manhood either by my age?
This the list of my medicine, Carbidopa-Levidopa 25-250 7xdays. Entacarpone 200MG 3 x days. Gabapentin 300MG 5 x days. Duloxetine delayed-release60 MG 1x day.
And for make my urination easier and less urgent, Rapaflo 8 MG,1xday.
Answered by Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Erectile dysfunction

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for your question on HCM

I do understand your concern

“As” per your clinical history is concerned to take all medications as per your treating doctor. You had good sexual relation with your wife despite Parkinson's disease and it is good. Now your present problem is due to underlying cause of medication only so do surgical treatment as per your doctor's advice and it will improve soon without any problem.so at this moment to take any medication like Viagra is not a right decision at all. So wait and observe till surgery.

Nothing to be worried at all

Hope that helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :1969

Answered : 2462 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Rapaflo

doctor1 MD

I was taking 4mg/day of doxozosin mesyl but had a few incidents of dizzyness during hard exercise. My urologist has tried me on flomax and rapaflo...

doctor1 MD

Hi Dr. Rynne, I have been on doxazosin mesylate for almost two years. I was given the drug by my Internist to control sudden urinary discharges. I...

doctor1 MD

My father age is 69 prostate 5x5.1 cm, prostatic volume 65.8 cc 110 ml of pvr noted and impression is prostatomegaly is dangerous

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

136 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Uday Nath Sahoo
  • Q - What do the following blood test reports indicate?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for chronic cough and lump in the throat

  • Q - Suggest a carbohydrate consistent diet

  • Q - What causes burning sensation in the stomach and diarrhea?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for redness in the eye and headache

  • Q - What causes constant ringing noise in the ears and poor vision?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe leg pain while on Advil

  • Q - Suggest treatment for intracranial lesion

  • Q - Suggest treatment for Alzheimer's disease

  • Q - What does presence of yellow substance on the penis head indicate?