• question-icon

Suggest treatment for erectile dysfunction in a diabetic

Posted on Sun, 30 Jul 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I suffer from ed. I AM DIABETIC.CIALIS AND VIAGRA DON'T WORK THAT WELL.THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF SO CALLED NATURAL PRODUCTS ON THE MARKETS! A RECENT AD SENT TO ME HAS A PRODUCT NAMED XXXXXXX XXXXXXX THAT MAKES BIG CLAIMS. ARE THERE ANY PRODUCTS OUT THERE THAT ARE KNOWN TO WORK ?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
All these products have no scientif data to prove their claim .

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for query .

Problem of Erectile Dysfunction in elderly patients is due to following few factors
1) Advancing age
2) Diabetes causing diabetic neuropathy and Diabetic Vasculitis
3) Age related generalized atherosclerosis causing narrowing of arterial system resulting in to reduced blood flow to erectile tissue in penis
4) Reduced production of sex hormone (Testosterone)

If Viagra or Cialis do not work it is unlikely any of the products that are being advertised and sold on internet market will not work at all .

Moreover these products have no scientific data to prove their efficacy .

I would suggest you to consult qualified Urologist and get Color Doppler Ultrasound Scan of penis done to confirm the vasculogenic cause for your ED .If it is proved that your ED is due to vascular insufficiency there is only one option is to take Intra Cavernosal Injection of Caverjet in penis as and when you plan sexual activity .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later
COULD YOU EXPLAIN CAVERNSOL INJECTION.? WOULD THAT BE DONE BY MYSLF?ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS SUCH AS SCARRING OF TISSUE? COULD I USE AN AMINO ACID CALLED EDTA?ITS USED TO REMOVE CALCIUM DEPOSITS IN YOUR ARTERIES FOR BETTER BLOOD FLOW.HAS NICTRIC OXIDE HELPED?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Caverjet is Alprostadil which dilates the arterioles of erectile tissue

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

Caverjet is Alprostadil which acts at local levels in erectile tissue of penis causing dilatation of arterioles which get filed up with blood to get Erection .

After getting trained by a qualified Dr .you can take it yourself .There is risk of scarring at the site of injection if taken at the same spot repeatedly .

Nitric Oxide will not help in ED,

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 46 minutes later
I HAD ALSO ASKED THE AMINO ACID ETDA WHICH REMOVES CALCIUM DEPOSITS AND PLAQUE. REMOVING PLAQUE CAUSES BETTER BLOOD FLOW.RIGHT?OR IS IT THE LOCAL LEVEL INJECTION OF ALPROSTADIL THAT SOLVES THE PROBLEM AT THE LOCAL LEVEL?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Alprostadil acts at local level on erectile tissue in poenis

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for follow up .

Alprostadil is a locally acting vaso dilator that is to be taken in penis before planned sex .It does not remove any plaque in arteries .

I have not heard of Amino Acid EDTA being used to remove calcium deposits in penile artery .

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist