Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
162 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for epididymo-orchitis

Answered by
Dr. Sandip Kabra

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2009

Answered : 3078 Questions

Posted on Mon, 13 Apr 2015 in General Health
Question: I have epididymitis orchitis since 4 years (before marriage, no sexual intercourse of any kind done with anyone) with no change in swelling. there's no pain or problem, only the swelling on 1 testes remains.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It might be infective,inflammatory or obstructive.

Detailed Answer:
You might have a condition termed as a chronic epididymo orchitis.

The etiology of this condition can be associated with inflammatory(granulomatous epididymitis),infective(bacterial,chlamydia)or obstructive (obstruction to vas deferens) factors or repeated urinary tract infections.However,in many cases,no etiology can be identified.

you may need to get an ultrasound scan of scrotum done.
This will show the exact nature of the problem that you have.
This can be followed up with a visit to the urologist.

In most patients,scrotal support,local heat therapy,and avoidance of aggravating activities can help many patients.

Medical treatment often includes pain killers, steroids, antibiotics.

Surgical treatment (epididymectomy) is done in those who do not respond to medical line of management mainly in symptomatic cases.

Consult urologist for complete medical history and thoroughly clinical examination.

Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Sandip kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urinary tract

doctor1 MD

I'm having slight bleeding when I urinate and also light vaginal bleeding . I am also having slight abdominal pain . I had cervical cancer and had...

doctor1 MD

Why do I have pain in the bladder area and irritation in the vagina after sex it lasts for days. Iam 80 years old

doctor1 MD

Hi i have vag discomfort i know i have yeast n urinary tract but i also have lesions that itch n burn from mybbotton to my vag