Suggest treatment for epididymo-orchitis

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Sir,i have been suffering from epididymo-orchitis for over a year now,no infection was found on repeated urine testing,bilateral involvement,when i finish urinating a thick substance comes out,like pus,my semen is thready and clumped,i have a prolonged history of over masturbation and over stimulation,the pain comes and goes by itself and both the epididymis and testicle gets swollen like a rock,pleasee help me,will it hamper my fertility,i am not sexually active and i am still a virgin.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find details below

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
You might have a condition termed chronic epididymo orchitis. It is defined as symptoms of discomfort and/or pain at least 3 months in duration in the scrotum, testicle, or epididymis, localized to one or each epididymis on clinical examination.

At first you need to get an ultrasound scan of scrotum done. This will show the exact nature of the problem that you have. This can be followed up with a visit to the urologist.

In most patients, the pain and/or induration of the epididymis (hard swelling) becomes a botheration. Scrotal support, local heat therapy, and avoidance of aggravating activities can help many patients.

Medical form of treatment is different among doctors and often includes pain killers, steroids, antibiotics. Surgical treatment is done in those who do not respond to medical line of management.

Regarding fertility, it is important that you get a semen analysis done and discuss the results.

Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek