Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
150 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for epididymo-orchitis

Answered by
Dr. Vivek Chail


Practicing since :2002

Answered : 6673 Questions

Posted on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 in Men's Health
Question: Sir,i have been suffering from epididymo-orchitis for over a year now,no infection was found on repeated urine testing,bilateral involvement,when i finish urinating a thick substance comes out,like pus,my semen is thready and clumped,i have a prolonged history of over masturbation and over stimulation,the pain comes and goes by itself and both the epididymis and testicle gets swollen like a rock,pleasee help me,will it hamper my fertility,i am not sexually active and i am still a virgin.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please find details below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
You might have a condition termed chronic epididymo orchitis. It is defined as symptoms of discomfort and/or pain at least 3 months in duration in the scrotum, testicle, or epididymis, localized to one or each epididymis on clinical examination.

At first you need to get an ultrasound scan of scrotum done. This will show the exact nature of the problem that you have. This can be followed up with a visit to the urologist.

In most patients, the pain and/or induration of the epididymis (hard swelling) becomes a botheration. Scrotal support, local heat therapy, and avoidance of aggravating activities can help many patients.

Medical form of treatment is different among doctors and often includes pain killers, steroids, antibiotics. Surgical treatment is done in those who do not respond to medical line of management.

Regarding fertility, it is important that you get a semen analysis done and discuss the results.

Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Heat therapy

doctor1 MD

I have been diagnosed with BPH. My prostate is 2X the normal size. I am taking Avodart and Flowmax. I had a hip replacement 3 years ago and am...

doctor1 MD

This is an update of previous question which is here below I would want to know if you see anything abnormal in the Xrays that may have caused the...

doctor1 MD

I think I have planters faciatas. I know I murdered the spelling. Sorry. What can be done about it?

doctor1 MD

I started with a neck pain . Like I slept wrong. The pain moved to the back of my head from the left side. Now I am having neck pain when I swallow.

doctor1 MD

I have a male in his 70's who has pain in left shoulder and arm, with pins and needles in the hand - is this something to be worried about? and...

doctor1 MD

Hi, my urine flow recently became completely blocked. The Urologist put me on Jalyn for 6 days. When that didn t work he wants to do a...

doctor1 MD

About a week and a half ago i slipped and fell down hard wood stairs, my lower back smacked against 3 or 4 of the steps as i went down, Most of the...