Suggest treatment for epididymitis

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I am 66 years old and in good health. About 10 yrs ago I had a bout of epididymitis. I was given some antibiotics and it was taken care of.
About a month ago I noticed a low grade discomfort in my right testicle area that morphed into a painful right testicle. The symptoms closely resembled my epididymitis episode 10 years ago. I applied some ice, took some ASA and then went to see my PCM. She put me on antibiotics for 7 days. After a few days of the antibiotic regimen, my pain subsided…
However, I still appear to have a very low grade discomfort in my right testicle area…. This is Friday and I am about to go to a trip overseas for nine days and it is freaking me out…. I don’t have any fever, I am in good health for my age… What do you think could be the reason and what course of action do you suggest I take?
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Epididymitis takes 3 weeks for ccomplete cure .

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

You had recent episode of Epididymitis and was prescribed antibiotics for a week >However you still have little discomfort in Rt testicle which suggest still there is inflammation and infection of Epididymitis .

Since you are going out of station for a week ,I ould suggest you to continue antibiotic along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenc twice daily for 10 days .

Ensure to drink more water .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil
Follow up: Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Thank you very much! I'll follow your advice!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
O > Bye

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up
Take the medicines suggested anf have a fast recovery .
Thanks and Regards,
Dr.Patil.