Suggest treatment for epididymal cyst

Dr. Mukund Savaskar

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 9 Nov 2015 in Lump
Question: ARE CYST AND TUMOUR SAME THING IN SCROTUM
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cyst /Tumour In Scrotum?/Under Investigation

Detailed Answer:
Brief Ans-Cyst /Tumour In Scrotum?/Under Investigation

Hi,Dear Ma'am,Welcome for your query to HCM.

Read your Health query in depth and understood your health concern.
On reviewing the query in context to health concern,I am of the opinion that,
Cysts in Scrotum are mostly Benign and non-malignant Swellings
While Tumour,is a general Term, indicative of Cancer mostly for the lay man.
Tumour in Scortum would mean a benign swelling or a Cancerous Swelling.

What exactly it is in your context and your case,would depend on the further information you give.
So please give Me more information of your case.
What is the problem with the Scrotal Swelling for which You have this query.

Await more information as asked above of your case.
Welcome for any further query in this regard,which I would love to attend in next session.
Good Day!!
Dr.Savaskar M.N. XXXXXXX Surgical Specialist
M.S.Genl-CVTS(Thorasic)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Mukund Savaskar 27 hours later
MY DOCTOR HAS IDENTIFIED AS EPIDIDYMAL CYST ON USSR.

THIS WAS SHOWN IN ULTRA SOUND IN JANUARY 2015

SENT TO A SPECIALIST WHO SUGGESTED NO ACTION AT THE MOMENT .

CYST IS 4CM.

SHOULD I HAVE A FOLLOW ON THIS?
Answered by Dr. Mukund Savaskar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Epididymal Cyst in Scortum-a Benign Swelling

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query updates.

After reviewing with context to your health concern, in my opinion, you should not worry as its not a Cancerous Tumor.

And Still if it worries you, get it removed but only if it grows and troubles you by its size growth.
Epididymal Cyst or Spermatocele-is the Cyst of the Epidydamis and is caused due to obstruction of the spermatic tubules of the Epididymus or due retention of the spermatic Fluid in the Cyst.It is not a tumor.

Epididymal Cyst of Scrotum is thus NOT A CANCEROUS TUMOR.

Hope this simplified reply would satisfy you fully and would resolve the worry it created for you and your relative.

IF you are satisfied with this reply,Will appreciate YOU, to write excellent service feedback comments,to help the needy patients like you at HCM services.

Good Day!!
M.S.Genl-CVTS(Thorasic)

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj