Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

146 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for epidermal cyst behind neck

Answered by
Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Practicing since :2008

Answered : 5770 Questions

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in Lump
Question: I have a epidermal cyst on the back of my neck. What specialist should I go to for treatment ?
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Consult general surgeon.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

The best treatment of such cyst is its removal. That is why you should consult general surgeon for such treatment. The procedure can be done with local anesthesia so there will be no need to stay at the hospital.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

Recent questions on  Epidermal cyst

doctor1 MD

I am 50 years of age and noticed a red spot on the underside of my penis nearer to the tip and seems to be directly on vessel. It became red with a yellow head. After a day i was able to see a tiny hair that was partially pushed out. It has now...

doctor1 MD

I have a lump on my jawline in between my ear and chin. it's not hard and it will move under the skin but it won't leak. Except once, it spat out minimal blood when my brother accidentally hit me in the jaw. What should I do? Everyone says it's just a epidermal cyst.
I'm eighteen

doctor1 MD

I am a 66 year old man, a lot of exercise, and don't eat meat or dairy. I have had a lump on the back of my neck, hard but no greater than 1 cm in diameter XXXXXXX I went to doctor who ordered an ultrasound and now they want to do a contrast...

doctor1 MD

i do have epidermal cyst on right side testicle, i also dont know it is cyst or some thing else. it pains regularly. I did check up with 5-6 doctors and did sonography and color dropper. Every one says its all right. By Hand feeling I can feel one knod is there on top of it. this knot is attached to testicle. I always referred Urologist. Is it correct. Please advise me. There should not be any complication in future like tumer or cancer. It is since 9-10 months.My age is 46 years.

doctor1 MD

My doctor diagnosed a epidermal cyst on my forehead, but it is odorless and painless ( in opposed to the Internet s describing) could my doctor be wrong or has it just not started to smell yet? It is also very red and embarrassing and I have no idea how to make it regular skin color

doctor1 MD

Lump inside labia tissue. Its not a sore or a pimple or boil or ingrown hair. It is like a marble deep inside skin. Not bartholian gland or cysts. There are two in the left labia and one in the right. It is very painful to wipe and sit and its tender to the touch.